Wednesday, August 23, 2017

HIPPO BIRD-DAY - (CTD457)

Hi there!  I hope you're having a good day!  I'm here to share my card for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge.  We've got some sweet colors for our challenge this week and we hope you'll take the time to play along.
For my card, I used the adorable My Favorite Things Happy Hippos stamp set and Happy Hippos coordinating Die-namics to create a birthday card.  I used a white card base, then added a white frame that I die cut using the Single Stitched Line Rectangle Frames Die-namics.  Next I added a stitched rectangle using some MFT Dots & Stripes Sorbet designer paper and Inside & Out Stitched Rectangle dies.  The pink striped paper looks darker in my pictures for some reason, it's not really that dark of a pink.  I also stamped my sentiment on a Stitched Fishtail Sentiment Strips which I shortened by die cutting once, then stamping and then lining the banner piece up in the die again where I wanted cut and running it through again.  I stamped and colored these fun little hippos with Copic markers and after adhering my sentiment banner along the bottom of my card, I added my stacked up hippos with foam tape then added the balloons birds and some silver sequins.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Sheri Gilson - August Guest Designer


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.










3 comments:

Marisa said...

Too cute :)

JoAnn said...

Love your sweet card. The stacked hippos are adorable.

Lisa said...

You posted this card on my birthday! Yay! I just discovered your blog and I am in awe. I love every single one of your cards. I love how colourful and cheery they are. You are now my fav card maker. I zoomed over to Pinterest to follow your boards because that's where I am the most. Wonderful, beautiful work.