Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Glass Dome - (CTD452)

Hello there!  It's time for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge!
I saw the colors and inspiration photo for this week's challenge and I immediately thought of the new Flora & Fauna stamp set that I recently purchased, Glass Dome.  It has this illustrated little house along with other floral elements within the stamp set and I thought it would be fun to create a few cards using it.
For both cards, I used the Flora & Fauna stamp sets, Glass Dome and Oh Hello Friend and did some masking.  I stamped out the images I wanted to use onto copy paper, then cut them out and applied temporary adhesive to the back so I can used them again and again.  For my first card which is the first photo on top, I stamped the glass dome in black ink onto a white card base along with the house.  Then I placed a mask over the house and stamped the two different stem images in new leaf and hawaiian shores ink.  Once that was done, I removed my mask and roughly colored the house, and a grassy hill for my house to rest upon, using Copic markers.  Next I added a mask over the entire dome and stamped my flowers and more stem images along with my sentiment.  After that, I embossed a scalloped frame around my entire scene and added butterfly to the upper right corner.  As a finishing touch I added some iridescent sequins and some Wink of Stella glitter pen to the butterfly and black & white flowers.
For my second card, I embossed a stitched rectangle frame on a white card base and stamped the same little house again, then masked over it and stamped my stems just like I did with my first card.  Then I removed the mask and stamped the stone walkway and colored the house and a hillside using Copic markers.  Next I used my Misti tool and the flowers and stem images from the Oh Hello Friend set and stamped the corner of my rectangle frame.  I stamped all of the images within the rectangle in color and any outside the rectangle in black.  I did this by inking up each image in the color (masking some of the flowers as I went) I wanted and masking out the area outside my rectangle and then stamping and then doing the opposite by masking the inside of the rectangle to stamp the same images in black ink for outside of the rectangle.  Once I was done doing that, I used a fine point black pen and added some line detail.  I added a butterfly I stamped and cut out near the flower images and added some sequins and Icicle Stickles to the butterfly and centers of the flowers.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Tracey McNeely - July Guest Designer

1 comment:

Marina said...

These colours work beautifully with the glass dome stamps - I love the scenes you've created.