Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Happy Birthday - (CTD440)

Happy Wednesday!  It's time for a new Color Throwdown Challenge!
For my card, I used the Papertrey Ink stamp sets Morning by Morning and Graceful Greetings to create a birthday card.  After seeing the colors and inspiration photo for today's challenge, I decided that the morning glories from the Morning by Morning set would be perfect.  I started out with a piece of watercolor paper which I die cut using a scalloped rectangle die and then used a little daffodil delight ink to add some watercolor to the background.  Once my watercoloring was dry, I stamped my birthday sentiment using my Misti tool to get a nice dark application of black ink.  Next I die cut and stamped the large morning glory image from the set along with a few extra pieces using orchid opulence, daffodil delight and limeade ice ink. I popped up two of the larger flowers with foam tape and adhered the images to my watercolored panel and then adhered the panel to my card front.  As a finishing touch, I used some yellow Copic marker to add some shading on the flowers and added some iridescent sequins.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Jeanne Jachna - April Guest Designer


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

Pin It

2 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, this is such a gorgeous use of the colors! Love those morning glories! We used to have them along the back of our pool fence but the pool is filled in and thus...no more morning glories.

Georgiana said...

Those sure are some neat flowers.