Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Celebrate - (CTD439)

Hello, crafty friends!  It's Wednesday and time for a new Color Throwdown Challenge!
For my card, I used the vibrant colors from this week's CTD challenge with the Papertrey Ink stamp set, Bold Blossoms and combined that with the current Papertrey Ink Make-it-Monday Challenge #281 which is to create patterns behind die cut windows.
To create my card, I started out by die cutting an oval from the front of a white card base to create my window.  Next I die cut a PTI stitched oval frame that was from the sprinkles & shakers die collection and glued that over the top of my window.  Then using black palette ink I stamped all of my flowers and leaves onto watercolor paper and using some Jane Davenport watercolors (I absolutely love the intensity of her watercolors) I watercolored my stamped images.  In the PTI video where Dawn McVey demos how she created her card, she states that you can use anything from stencils, patterned paper or even ink blending so with the busyness of my watercolored flowers, I decided to go with a blended ink and used some wilted violet distress ink on a piece of white cardstock, making it darker at the bottom and lighter at the top.  Once my blending was done, I sprinkled on some water droplets and blotted them with paper towel.  Then lining up my ink blended piece of cardstock behind my die cut window, I stamped my sentiment from the Bold Blossoms set and adhered it on the inside of my card.  After that I adhered my leaves and flowers popping up the small red flower with foam tape and gluing on a few silver sequins for some sparkle.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Jeanne Jachna - April Guest Designer


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

Pin It

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow! I love your vibrant colors. Great card!

Nancy Penir said...

Love how you color blooms, Miss Lynn. Bold beautiful, downright stunning!!! Gorgeous window card!

lainey said...

This is bold, bright and beautiful! Great color combination!

Kathryn A said...

Awesome colours! Love the loose watercolouring!!

Vickie Z said...

It's bright and beautiful! Gorgeous!