Thursday, March 30, 2017

Happy Purrthday - Scalloped Box Card Pop-Up

Hello there!  Happy Thursday!  Today I'm sharing a fun project I created for the new Lawn Fawnatics Challenge.  Lawn Fawn is celebrating their 7th birthday so it's perfect that their first challenge on their new challenge site is a birthday theme.
Using the inspiration photo for the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, I chose to create a fun birthday card using the Lawn Fawn Scalloped Box Pop-up card die and the Lawn Fawn stamp set Meow You Doin' along with the Meow You Doin' Lawn Cuts.  I used the little ball of yarn from the Meow You Doin' set stamped in several different colors to re-create the colorful dots of frosting on the cake from the inspiration photo.  I added these all around the bottom of the pop-up box card and even placed some with foam tape along side the cats for inside the box.  
Below is a quick video showing how this card folds flat for mailing in an A2 sized envelope.
All around the outside of the box was decorated using the Lawn Fawn Grassy Hillside Border Lawn Cuts and images from the Meow You Doin' set along with a little kitten from the Bicycle Built for You set (I've got plans for using these big cats with the kitten for a cute Mother's Day card).  For the back panel that's flipped up (behind the cats) I used the cloud images from the Lawn Fawn stamp set Hello Sunshine.  All of the images where stamped, then colored using Copic markers and then die cut.
For the front flap of my card, I used the Lawn Fawn stamp set Happy, Happy, Happy along with the Happy, Happy, Happy Lawn Cuts to create my birthday sentiment.  I stamped just a portion of the purrthday sentiment onto a die cut Fancy Folded Banners and popped it up with a bit of foam tape in the center.
This was incredibly fun to create, a bit more work than your average card but still fun.  I won't be sending this off to just anyone:)

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.











4 comments:

Scrapthat said...

So adorable Lynn!! TFS :D

Luanne said...

How fantastic! This is so cute, a darling labor of love for some one special!

Kara Lynne said...

This is so fun, I love it!

Nancy K said...

The colors are so pretty! I just love this bright and happy design! So happy you added this to the challenge at Lawn Fawnatics!