Sunday, July 5, 2015

Hello there, friend!

 Hello there!  I hope all of my American friends had a fun and safe Fourth of July yesterday!
It's been a few week's since I've posted here on my blog, I've been busy getting ready for my daughter's graduation party along with other things that life has thrown in.  I guess that's the way it goes.  I've missed my crafting and stamping time. Yesterday I had a few hours to do just that and created a set of cards using a Papertrey Ink stamp set I ordered and haven't even touched yet (I'm sure I'm not alone in untouched stamp sets).

The first card in the set that I created I used this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge which is to use a past Sweet Sunday sketch, I chose sketch #268.
I used the PTI stamp set A Second Helping of Sunshine along with the coordinating dies to create a vintage looking thinking of you card.  I pulled the colors for my card from an older 8x8 October Afternoon paper pad that I've had and used aqua mist, real red, daffodil delight for my inks.  I used a white card base, then an embossed aqua mist piece with a layer of real red and my designer paper.
In the picture below you can see how I used a Glaze pen to add some shine to the cherries in the bowl and how I created a banner for my sentiment and tucked the end underneath the die cut scale.
Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope I'll see you tomorrow when I post the next card in the set using the Bowl of Sunshine stamps.


Pin It

3 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

LOVE this Lynn!! Such a cute image and that bowl of cherries are my fave!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh I LOVE this, so cute.

Joan V said...

Oh, this is so lovely. Papers are fantastic, too. Thanks for sharing.