Sunday, March 1, 2015

Spring - {SSSC258}

Happy first day of March!  I'm ready for spring, how about you?  Today I'm sharing a card that I created using this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, some new Papertrey Ink goodies and a spring inspired theme.
For my card I used the new PTI Make-it-Market Mini: Lovely Laurels set.  I couldn't wait to get my hands on this set, its a beautiful combination of stamps, dies and papers with a small envelope of the sweetest little flowers and leaves you can use as accents.  The die is unique in that it doesn't die cut the laurel completely out, just enough to add a few small pieces of foam tape underneath to add dimension. To me this set called to my traditional romantic victorian heart and I knew I needed to have it.  I found inspiration for my colors in the photo below with the yellows and the cool greens.  I used ocean tides (PTI) and daffodil delight (SU).
 Be sure to check out what each of the Sweet Sunday Stampers has created using this week's sketch:

Have a wonderful day!

Pin It

8 comments:

Tracy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Lynn! The colors are amazing and all of the wonder details you added. Stunning!

Dana White said...

This is stunning. What a gorgeous image and I love how it doesn't fully cut the image. The subtle dimension is beautiful.

Tracey McNeely said...

Lynn I saw this on Instagram and fell in love--gorgeous!

Vicki Burdick said...

This is gorgeous Lynn, I love the color combo and all the detailis your wreath is amazing!!!

Luanne said...

Just beautiful. I love the colors!

Kay Miller said...

Ooooooh this is so beautiful Lynn! I just got this kit too and now you make me want to get it out now! Your colors are lovely!! I just love your whole card!

Patricia said...

Really a pretty card and such a good composition from your inspiration! I love those little flower sequins!

Lynne said...

A super card, love the way you did the flowers and the leaves.