Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Creative Blog Hop

 
I am honored to have been nominated to participate in the Creative Blog Hop by Karen Giron!  Thank you so much for thinking of me, Karen.  
Karen has always been a huge inspiration to me and I've admired her work from the first moment I discovered her blog.
 
The Creative Blog Hop is an ongoing blog hop that works as a nominating system; I'll nominate two other designers who inspire me and I admire.  The idea behind it is to learn a bit about other creative bloggers by answering four questions.

Question 1: What am I working on right now?
Now that my three kids are back in school, I've been "trying" to stamp and create ahead for the design teams I'm currently on (and new one coming up :).  I say trying because I'm usually one to stamp a card the day before or the day I need to have it posted.

Question 2: How does my work differ from others in my genre?
I'm not so sure my work is that different from others in my genre.  The cards that I create are usually referred to as clean & layered.  I guess that's a cross between clean and simple with a layer or two but generally nothing overly fussy. The one thing that is really hard for me to create is a one layered card (that's NO layers, none!) and have it come out looking good.  The clean and simple look is what's hot right now with a focus on techniques like watercolor, stenciling, embossing pastes etc.  I find all of it interesting and would like to dabble in it and learn something new to incorporate into my style without completely changing it.
 
Question 3: Why do I create what I do?
The answer to this question is probably similar to a lot of mother's out there...I needed/wanted something that was all my own, a creative outlet, some quite time to create something fun with paper and stamps.  Originally I started scrapbooking to preserve my children's memories (that was almost 20 years ago and a lot has changed since then), and still do that as well from time to time but for the most part stamping and card making fits the bill.  With scrapbooking I always felt that I was behind (and still am) but with card making, I could complete a card usually within an hour and it fills and crafty need.
 
Question 4: How does my creative process work?
Usually my creative process starts out with either a sketch challenge or a color challenge.  If I can't find a challenge that works, I usually go to the little note book I keep at my desk where I've drawn out sketches I like. Then I get into the stamping inspiration board I've made on Pinterest and try to combine the two to get my mojo going.
 
Are you ready for my nominations?  Here they are:
 Wanda Guess
Wanda has a gorgeous style and is always inspiring me with her work.  Her cards and projects have a clean look with excellent design.  She's never afraid to try a new technique, a fun color combination or new product, but what she's also great at is openly sharing and teaching her blog readers as she creates (I love that!).  Wanda's photography is wonderful, I love that she shares her pictures from her life (especially her sweet cat Buddy) on her blog and also uses her photography skills to capture detail in her work.  Her recent Tim Holtz tags have blown me away with there incredible detail and style and her fall cards have me yearning for cool weather and trips to the cider mill.
 
Kay Miller
Kay's style is a breath of fresh air. It's clean lines and beautiful designs that inspire me. Her die cut cards with layered flowers are stunning and her stamped cards with fun scenes using critters are perfectly colored and sweet.  Kay's handcrafted ornaments that she creates are amazing, so much wonderful detail and absolutely adorable.
 
Both of these women are incredible designers who inspire me daily with their work.  Not only that, but both women are friendly, sweet and uplifting.  I hope you will stop by their blogs and pay them a visit.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
Pin It

2 comments:

Kay Miller said...

Oh Lynn! I was just reading along here enjoying learning all about you and was so surprised to see my name at the bottom!! I'm so honored and flattered! Thank you SO much! I am a huge fan of yours! I am right there with you on one layer cards. I cannot do them for the life of me. I mess up over and over again. I like stuff that I can cut out and move around before I glue it all down. Anyway, so fun reading all about you and your creative process! Thanks again so much for nominating me and for your kind words! ((Hugs))

Tracey McNeely said...

Lynn so nice to learn a bit more about you! I love and have always loved your style, you are a true clean and layered lady. All of your designs are gorgeous!