Wednesday, September 19, 2012

CTD#210 - Blooming Button Bits Birthday Card

Hello there!  It's time for the Color Throwdown Challenge #210.  Our hostess for this week's challenge is Tammy who chose these wonderful colors.

I hope you can join in on the challenge this week, we'd love to see what you create. If you don’t have these exact colors, it’s no problem....just substitute with what you have that’s close to this week’s colors. Once you’ve finished your card/project, be sure to add a direct link to your creation using the linky tool provided on the CTD blog so we can see your creation. If you upload to an online gallery, don't forget to use the keyword CTD210.
 The card that I created was a birthday card for my sweet friend Vicki {hi Vicki}, I used the Papertrey Ink stamp sets Blooming Button Bits, Happy Hexagons and Mat Stack 4 Collection.  After really looking at the inspiration photo and seeing how the flowers seem to have patterns and texture to them I decided on trying to give my card some different textures as well.  For the top solid panel I stamped the flowers from the Button Bits set then embossed it using a herringbone embossing folder which I thought would coordinate with the herringbone Mat Stack stamped image for my sentiment.  I also added texture by using a few different patterns while stamping my hexagons and used only the more muted colors for my hexagons so that my flowers would be sure to pop and my card would be overly busy.
Be sure to check out what the other design team members have come up with for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge!
 
Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits
Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Joan Ervin - Stamping With Passion
Lori Tecler - Inking Aloud
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
Wanda Cullen - Cullen-ary Creations
Kerri Michaud - Cards by Kerri
Denise Marzec - The Paper Landscaper
Sherry Cheever - Walkin' on the Bad Side! - our September Guest Designer
 
 
Pin It

10 comments:

Vicki Stys said...

Lynn, I absolutely adore this card!!!! I love the colors, textures, patterns, details... I could go on! It really made my day :D Thank you, my sweet friend!!!

Karen Motz said...

This is gorgeous! So fresh and vibrant!

Wanda Cullen said...

You've got some marvelous mojo going on here, Lynn...this is GORGEOUS! Love the hexagons paired with the herringbone EF!

Lori said...

Lynn, this is so pretty! Love the multipatterned hexagons and the bright blue flowers.

Dawn Easton said...

In love with this, Lynn! Love the texture and those layered flowers with buttons is fantastic!!!

Barbara said...

Beautiful, as always, Lynn! You rocked those hexagons!

Tammy Hershberger said...

What a pretty card, Lynne! LOVE the "quilt" you created on the bottom, and those flowers are darling!

Broni said...

I love this, Lynn! The flowers just pop perfectly! I love the mix of all the patterns and textures!

Joan Ervin said...

You have used this weeks colors beautifully, Lynn....your flowers are sooo pretty and I love the papers and details!!!!!

Kerri said...

Another gorgeous card! The texture and the hexagons are fabulous and I love how you layered your focal point!