Sunday, December 19, 2010

SSSC97 - The Wonder of Christmas

 Good morning!  Can you believe that in five more days it will be Christmas Eve?  I can't, it seems like the Christmas holiday snuck up on me this year and caught me unprepared so I'm stressing and I don't like it.  I'm still not even done with my shopping!  I hope all of you are doing better than I am.

Today is the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge and for my card I used the Taylored Expression stamp set Winter Wonderland and more of the fun Key Ingredients Kit for this month. I stamped my sentiment in Chocolate Chip ink then stamped three different sized snowflakes surrounding it in Bordering Blue and Night of Navy.  The large main snowflake was stamped in Night of Navy with a smaller snowflake layer on top in Cherry Cobbler.  I added some of the Tiny Twinkles from the Kit on the main snowflake and on some of the smaller snowflakes around the sentiment to finish it off.  To see more samples using this months TE Key Ingredients Kit you can click here to view the KI gallery.
To play along create a card using Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch, then go to Karen’s blog The Sweetest Thing and link your card so we can all see your creation! 

Be sure to visit each of the Sweet Sunday Stampers below for more samples using this week’s sketch!
Karen Motz: Paper Playhouse
Laura Fredrickson: Scrapnextras
Sarah-Jane Kale': Janeybell
Vicki Burdick: It's a Stamp Thing
Jen Tapler: Jen Tapler Designs

This will be my last post until after Christmas so that I can spend some time with my family and try and enjoy the holiday.  Thank you all so much for your kind words and visits to my blog and I hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas!

13 comments:

Vicki S. said...

Lynn, this card is absolutely gorgeous!!! The colors, the sketch, the layered snowflake, etc... all are just perfect!

And thanks for reminding me about the countdown to Christmas... NOT! I'm right there with you stressing, too... ugh! (But somehow it will all get done, won't it?).

I hope you and your family has a wonderful Christmas and a blessed new year!!!

Karen Motz said...

This is gorgeous Lynn!! I love the layered snowflakes and the layered ribbon too!!!

Karen Giron said...

This is beautiful! I love how you and Jen have completely different looks with this paper and sketch. LOVE the layered ribbon and snowflakes!

Vicki Burdick said...

This is awesome Lynn!!! I love that snowflake, that kit is awesome!!!

Jen Tapler said...

OK, well - great minds think alike, but now I'm just embarrassed at how lame my card looks using the kit!! This is FABULOUS Lynn!!

Erin Gonzales said...

your card is so pretty- we are holding a challenge this week at our Challenge blog- www.handstampedsentiments.com that calls for Snowflakes, you should submit your post for this challenge. I love your blog.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Gorgeous Lynn! Lovin' all the snowflakes and the split panels are awesome!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty snowflake card Lynn. Love the colors, the lay-out... and that pretty snowflake embellishment. :o)

Dawn Easton said...

Lynn, your card turned out wonderfully! Love the snowflakes!!!
Happy holidays to you and your family!

Genny said...

Love the color combination and the dimensions of the card. So smart! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

stampingminnie said...

Oh Wow your card is really cute. Love the color combo you used. Thank you for participating on our Snowflake Challenge at HSS. Merry Christmas!

Allison said...

This is gorgeous! Love the colours and layered snowflakes!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my word, Lynn, that's GORGEOUS!