Sunday, December 5, 2010

SSSC95 - Deck the Halls...

 Good morning!  It's time for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge!  For my card today I used the Stampendous stamp Fluffles Garland to create a fun Christmas card.  It's difficult to see from the photo but I used Crystal Effects on all of the ornaments and added some Red Spica glitter pen to the one Fluffles is eyeing. 

Supplies: Fluffles Garland - Stampendous, Retired SU DSP, Copics, Bakers Twine, Button, Gems, Crystal Effects, Perfect Polka Dots Impressions Folder, Scallop border punch, Dimensionals.  Colors: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Real Red.
To play along create a card using Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch, then go to Karen’s blog The Sweetest Thing and link your card so we can all see your creation! 

Be sure to visit each of the Sweet Sunday Stampers below for more samples using this week’s sketch!
Karen Motz: Paper Playhouse
Laura Fredrickson: Scrapnextras
Sarah-Jane Kale': Janeybell
Vicki Burdick: It's a Stamp Thing

He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree. ~Roy L. Smith

17 comments:

Mary J said...

Wow, stunning take on the sketch!

Vicki S. said...

Lynn, this is fabulous!!! The dsp you used is the perfect background for the card. Lots of wonderful details and love the way you colored the main image. Bet the crystal effects on the ornaments looks amazing : )

Karen Motz said...

This is totally cute! I laughed out loud when Fluffles popped up on my screen!!!

jimlynn said...

Adorable! Love this image too. Wonderful card for the holidays.
Lynn

Ruby said...

What a cute card...love the crystal effect on the ornaments.. wish I had gotten this stamp!... well there is always next year. tks for sharing

Karen Giron said...

This is adorable! I love this little image and the amazing coloring! So fun and festive and perfect. Love the watermark too!

SmilynStef said...

That little guy just cracks me up ... fabulous holiday design.

Vicki Burdick said...

OH Lynn, I LOVE this card!!!! Flufflwa looks likw one of our cats, always somewhere thery are not suppose to be! Tooooooo cute, love the button and the bakers twine!!!!

Marisa said...

Love this image LOL! Thankfully our cat is older and doesn't do this. Great use of this week's sketch and I love the colour combo you used.

Wanda Cullen said...

This is just too adorable! I have this image and it makes me smile whenever I see it...saving this to my notebook of faves! Love it!

Kelly Schelske said...

Super cute Lynn, love that lil fluffles guy!!

Gingerbread Gal♥ said...

Adorable, Lynn! Love it! Wonderful coloring and so cute!
:) Rachel

LeAnne said...

TOO cute, Lynn!

Anonymous said...

Amanda loves this card. She screamed "Cat!". :-)

Wanda said...

Oh, this is darling. Seems I saw a card on your blog last year with this stamp, and went and bought it - forgot I may have it until I saw yours today. May have to check to make sure I bought this stamp, and make a few cards with it. Love it! Thanks for the reminder.

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT! So adorable... what a nice card. That's exactly how I feel too! Hahaha. Merry Christmas.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Too cute! I like the layout you chose and the fun colors.