Sunday, November 7, 2010

SSSC92 - Crazy for Cupcakes

 Good morning!  It's time for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.  Karen sure has a sweet sketch for us today, I love the scallops on this one!  In my quest to get ahead on creating birthday cards for next year I decided to use the stamp set Crazy for Cupcakes for my card.  I wasn't so sure about the colors I used on this card, I found this combo in the Color Coach and figured I'd give it a try.  I guess if you never try anything new you never find out what you really like.

Supplies: Crazy for Cupcakes, Perfect Polka Dots Impressions Folder, Sizzix SU Blossom Party die (for flower), Ribbon, Scallop square Nestie, Button, Dazzling Diamonds, Aqua brush, Dimensionals.  Colors: Early Espresso, Marine Mist, Pink Pirouette.

I added Dazzling Diamonds on the pink frosting of each chocolate cupcake for a little sparkle.

To play along create a card using Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch, then go to Karen’s blog The Sweetest Thing and link your card so we can all see your creation! 

Be sure to visit each of the Sweet Sunday Stampers below for more samples using this week’s sketch!
Karen Motz: Paper Playhouse
Laura Fredrickson: Scrapnextras
Sarah-Jane Kale': Janeybell
Vicki Burdick: It's a Stamp Thing
Jen Tapler: Jen Tapler Designs

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.  ~Robert Brault

11 comments:

Karen said...

Oh Lynne you've done it again and created another beauty! Just love this one and that big flower is the perfect accent for this card!

Luv Karen
x

Vicki S. said...

Lynn, these colors are so sweet together! Love all the wonderful details you put on this card. I bet this card really sparkles IRL!

Dawn Easton said...

Totally SWEET, Lynn! Love those colours together!!! Fabulous card!

Jenny said...

This is so adorable Lynn!! I love the glitter on the cupcakes! Yum!

Vicki Burdick said...

Such and adorable card Lynn, I love the colors combo and the cupcakes look good enough to eat!!!

Karen Motz said...

Yum yum YUMMY!!!!!! Love the glitter icing on the cupcakes...this is SO pretty!!!!

Kathy Martin said...

Yummy card! Great sweet color combo! :)

Denise Marzec said...

SUPER sweet colors, Lynn. Lovin' the sketch and I love the cupcake image you picked. :)

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

YUMMY!!!! Delicious and GORGEOUS.

xx Sarah

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card Lynn. Love the colors. Great job with the sketch. :o)

Karen Giron said...

this is so darling! I love the color combo - your cards are always so simply sweet and perfect!