Sunday, July 11, 2010

SSSC77 - More Artistic Etchings

Good morning!  It's Sunday and time for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge!  Karen has another fun sketch for all of us to play with this week.  My card for the sketch uses one of my favorite new sets from the Stampin' Up Catalog Artistic Etchings. The card base measurements on my card are 3 3/4"x7" so that it fits into a standard letter sized envelope.  I'm really having fun creating cards with a vintage style and can't wait to receive my Stampin' Up order tomorrow so I have more stamps and supplies to play with.

Supplies: Artistic Etchings, Tiny Tags, Vintage Vogue, Newsprint DSP, Ribbon, Small circle punch, Rhinestone Brad, Eyelet border punch, Medium Jewelry Tag punch, Pearls, Dimensionals.  Colors: Marina Mist, Bashful Blue, Basic Black.

To play along create a card using Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch, then go to Karen’s blog The Sweetest Thing and link your card so we can all see your creation!

Be sure to visit each of the Sweet Sunday Stampers below for more samples using this week’s sketch! 
Karen Motz: Paper Playhouse
Laura Fredrickson: Scrapnextras
Sarah-Jane Kale': Janeybell
Vicki Burdick: It's a Stamp Thing
Nancy Riley: iStamp 
Jen Tapler: Jen Tapler Designs

Today my family is celebrating my Mom's 70th Birthday by throwing her a surprise birthday party, so I want to wish her a wonderful day!  Happy Birthday Mom!

16 comments:

Vicki (CraftCrazy98) said...

OK, first of all... Stop making me want this set!!!!! You do vintage so well, Lynn. I swear you were born to do it. Absolutely gorgeous card!

Hope your mom has a fun day (and that she doesn't read your blog until after the surprise!).

Have a great week!

CherylAnn Robinson said...

A very different and elegant card. Great job!

Marilyn Goodrich said...

You have a flair for vintage Lynn!! Love this :-) Marina Mist is quickly becoming one of my new favorites!!!

Pam Speidel said...

I agree with Vicki's comment above...you are making me want this set! LOVE how you've used it here Lynn. the colors are awesome and you can't go wrong with one of the Sweet Sunday sketches! Happy Stamping! Smiles, Pam :)

Karen Motz said...

Another gorgeous vintage look!!! Wow...there are so many details to look at, but they're subtle and blend in so nicely!!!

Vicki Burdick said...

A total stunner Lynn, absolutely perfect. You are rockin' this set!!! Happy Birthday to your Mom! Today would have been my Mom's 79th birthday.

Nancy Riley said...

Lynn, you just keep cranking out these amazing vintage cards ... one right after another! I'm just blown away!

Sue from Oregon said...

so very elegant!

Melissa said...

Oh man! This card is so incredible! Every detail you added is so "wow"! The papers, beads, wording, lace--uber incredible!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Lynn, this is stunning!! Gorgeous card!

Happy birthday to your Mom!!

Tina said...

This is so beautiful Lynn.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!

Karen Giron said...

I think I just squealed out loud! This is drop dead gorgeous! Love the papers and that stamp is awesome!

Jenny said...

Beautiful!!!

Melissa Sauls said...

Oh this is sooo lovely Lynn! I absolutely adore it! Makes me want the set as well. :)

Julie Marshall said...

Super cute card! I love how you tied ALL of these elements together. Fabulous! TFS.