Saturday, August 8, 2009

WSC92 - Holiday Best

It's been a dreary rainy day all day here today and I'm actually glad, some times its nice to have a rainy day because I think it gives you an excuse to stay in your pajamas or sweats and curl up on the couch and watch a movie. That's exactly what I've been doing today along with a tiny bit of stamping.
My card today is for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge, Sharon Harnist is the hostess for this weekend and had a fun sketch to try. I didn't have the style of Nestabilities die that made the shape from the sketch (which would have looked good with this image: must add to wish list) but I used my square Nesties die instead. I tried the sponging that Beate demonstrated on her blog and I really liked the soft look that it added and will have to try it again. It may be difficult to see from the photo but the swirls on the main image have Dazzling Diamonds on them and I stamped the Merry Christmas twice, once in Riding Hood Red and another in Chocolate Chip and cut out just the wording from the CC image and added it to the RHR image.



Supplies: Holiday Best, Bella Toile BG, Nestie, Ribbon, Rhinestone brads, Dazzling Diamonds, Ticket corner punch, Eyelet border punch, Circle punch, Photo corner punch, Piercer, Pop dots. Colors: Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, Whisper White.


Hope you have some time to relax this weekend!

12 comments:

Danni said...

So pretty!! Wonderful job!

Nelia said...

Gorgeous! Love the colors and the stamp. Really lovely!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty Lynn! A wonderful holiday stunner.

Beth said...

Great background stamp and I like how you turned the rhinestones on point - fabulous holiday card Lynn!

Nancy Riley said...

GORGEOUS job, Lynn!

Vicki (CraftCrazy98) said...

Wow!!!! Beautiful job, Lynn! It's too bad I didn't feel like stamping yesterday... we had the perfect day for that, didn't we? Glad you were productive : )

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous holiday card, Lynn! Love the rhinestone brads across the bottom!

Stamp and Smile said...

Amazing card Lynn! LOVE the colors and a great job on the sketch... :) The rhinestone brads are perfect!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is so pretty!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is so pretty!

Sandra MacLean said...

Very pretty Lynn!

Dani said...

Gorgeous! Fab job with the sketch, love the card!