Wednesday, August 12, 2009

SFYTT - Inspired by Nature

Today I got some exciting news, I found out that the card I created for last weeks Mojo Sketch Challenge was chosen along with six other women as a winner!!! Woo Hoo I was so excited when I found out, the winners receive their choice of any Verve stamp set up to $24. This was such a great surprise and honor to have been chosen.

Today's card is for Jen's Sketch for You to Try Challenge, I really liked the different panels and layers that this sketch had to offer. I started out by stamping the grass image onto a 3"x4 1/4" piece of Whisper White and matting it with a 5"x 3 1/4" piece of Old Olive card stock. The horizontal Mellon Mambo strips of card stock measure 1/2" and 1 1/8" x 4".


Supplies: Inspired by Nature, Flight of the Butterfly, Mellon Mambo DSP, Ribbon, Brads, Butterfly punch, Key tag punch, Horizontal slot punch, Piercer. Colors: Mellon Mambo, Old Olive, Whisper White.





21 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

This is beautiful, Lynn! I love the color combo!!

Marilyn Goodrich said...

Gorgeous color combination Lynn! Fabulous take on the sketch challenge :-)

Beth said...

Congrats on your Mojo card win!!! This card is also a beauty!!! tfs

Tammi said...

I saw that, CONGRATS Lynn, that's awesome! Oh wow, love what you did with Jen's sketch, it's a beauty! Cool way to add the sentiment.

Sue said...

Great card, love it! It would be awesome in other color combos, too.

Vicki (CraftCrazy98) said...

Congratulations on winning the Mojo sketch, Lynn... it was well deserved for that beautiful card! Love this one, too. You do such great things with Melon Mambo :D

Mitzi Koons said...

Stunning! I love the colors and those stamp sets together. Have fun picking out your Verve set!! Can't wait to see what you choose. Congratulations on winning - that's a real honor!

Anonymous said...

Great color combo! This is so bright & cheery. I lovey it!

Bananastamper said...

wow! You have been so busy since I've been away! This is lovely and the colors are perfect! Love the 3D butterfly.

Shanna

Ann Kranitz said...

Yay Lynn!! Congrats on your win. You so deserved it with that gorgeous card. I am loving todays card too. But then again, what cards of yours dont I like!!!!YOU ROCK GIRL!!

Tina said...

Awesome colors and super images for the layout. Congrats on your win chica!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Congrats! Your card is beautiful! Love the pearls on the piercing!

Jena said...

Great card - TFS! And congrats on your mojo winner!

Andrea said...

I'm not at all surprised that you won. Your cards are always amazing. You are very talented.
Congratulations. And yet again, you have shared with us another wonderful card.

LeAnne said...

You deserve to win---this is a beauty! Your bow-tying is PERFECT!

Wendy J. said...

Lynn, this is so pretty! TFS!

Butterfly Girl said...

Hi Lynn,

Great job on the sketch, thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hi! I love your card, great colors and layout!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Congrats on your win!

What a pretty card this is. I like the butterfly against the long grass.

Dani said...

Congrats on the win! Verve stamps are just awesome! :)

Your card is so pretty! Love the colors!

Priscilla said...

Wow, this card is beautiful!

~*Priscilla Aguilar*~
http://faeriedreamsandpaperwishes.blogspot.com

Stamp and Smile said...

Yes, I had see you where chosen as one of the MoJo Monday winners!! "Con'grats"!! When I seen your card before the listed winners and I knew you had a PERFECT card and very stunning! :)

Now, I'm LOVING this card too... darling colors and I'm a butterfly NUT! TFS... Michelle :)