Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Favorite Brother

The card that I have for today is one that I made for my brother's birthday which was yesterday, I have two older brothers both of which are my favorite, lol. I say that because one brother feels that the other brother is a favorite but really I feel doubly blessed to have such great men to call my brothers, their the best any sister could ask for.


For this card I used the Mojo Monday Sketch from yesterday (the Mojo Monday blog is celebrating 100 challenges this week by having a sketch each day) this sketch worked great for the stamp set I wanted to use. I wanted the card to be masculine and bold so I went with the stamp set Nature Silhouettes and strong colors like the basic black, grey and kiwi kiss. The moon was created by punching out a 1"circle from scrap paper and using temporary adhesive to apply it where I wanted the moon to be and sponging color all around it.
Supplies: Nature Silhouettes, Upsy Daisy (for saying), Urban Oasis DSP, Key tag punch, Ribbon, Brads, Piercer. Colors: Basic Black, Basic Grey, Going Grey, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White.

Happy Birthday Gary!

21 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Your card is amazing!Your sponging is perfect! I really need to get this set!

Anonymous said...

Oh Lynn, this is a wonderful masculine card! I just made one Monday for my Dad's birthday using this set. Love your choice of colors & layout!

Ann Kranitz said...

Wonderful card that I am sure one of your favorite brothers will love!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Wonderful job on this sketch challenge.

Melissa said...

Your cards are just awesome! I am totally inspired!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Priscilla said...

Wow, what a wonderful card. I hope your brother liked it! :o)

~*Priscilla Aguilar*~
http://faeriedreamsandpaperwishes.blogspot.com

Danni said...

What a lucky brother!! Great card!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a great card! Your brother will love it.

Aud said...

Such a wonderful card!♥♥♥
Love the colors too!

Big hugs,
Aud

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

masculine cards are not the easiest to make for me. This is perfect!!

Anonymous said...

This is a fabulous masculine card. You nailed the color combo. Such a great sketch choice, too. I'm sure your brother will enjoy.

Kathi said...

Awesome card! Great masculine color combo and love how you did the sponging! I know your brother had to love receiving this!

Dawn Easton said...

Awesome masculine card, Lynn!

Tina said...

Awesome card! Wow, love the colors and all the details.

Andrea said...

That is the perfect card for my brother whose birthday is tomorrow. Could you just make him one and send it to him for me???? Just kidding. But, really that is a great card for guys, and my brother loves wolves....told you it was perfect for him. :D

Anonymous said...

Great card! I love the color combo, the layout and the image you used. I didn't think I needed that one maybe I do. I was trying to make a guy card last night and this would be perfect.
Laura Howell

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous card! LOVE the colors!

Dani said...

This is wonderful! I'm sure your brother will love it!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Gorgeous combo of colors for a masculine card. This image works perfectly with the sketch.

Beth said...

Fantastic card! Great colours and design!

VICKIE AUST said...

Just love this masculine card. I hadn't thought how to use the wolf and this is perfect. Thanks for your wonderful blog site.