Thursday, October 9, 2008

Two More Stamp-A-Stack Cards

Happy Thursday everyone! Thursday is my favorite day of the week, maybe because it means that were more than half way through the week and that the weekend is only a few days away. Anyhoo, these cards are the two other cards that we made at my Stamp-a-Stack class the other night. On the card up top I using the stamp set Big on Christmas, stamped it in Basic Black then colored in the image and letters and then added dazzling diamonds. The large snowflake on this card is a Big Shot die and I'm so glad I got it because I love snowmen (I have a big collection and put them all out at Christmas) and the snowflake goes so well with the different snowman stamp sets I have.
The card below is a semi cased card, which was found on Splitcoast Stampers and switched up a bit. I used the snowman from the Merry & Bright stamp set instead of the deer, but I really liked hairchicks (SCS member) cute card and thought it would work great for my Stamp-a-Stack class.
Supplies: Big on Christmas, Snowflake Big Shot die, Ski Slope designer paper, Circle punch, Ribbon, Dazzling diamonds, Pop dots. Colors: Real Red, Bashful Blue, Whisper White.

Merry & Bright, Season of Joy, Ski Slope designer paper, Ribbon, Circle punches, Scalloped circle punch, Aqua brush, Piercer w/mat, Pop dots. Colors: Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Old Olive, Whisper White.

Someone needs to come up with a blog just on blogging tips and etiquette, lol. I think its important if your casing a card and posting it on your blog to always link back to the person who inspired your card. I usually don't case too many cards but if I do I give credit to the person who helped me create it. OK I'll get off my soap box now, lol.

11 comments:

Danni said...

Cute cards! I love snowmen, they're just so cute! LOL!
I try to give credit when I get an idea from someone but sometimes I truly can't remember where I saw it. I've been trying to write things down more though so I can give credit.

Tina said...

Fantastic cards Lynn and I couldn't agree with you more about blogging etiquette.

Deb Wood said...

These are both so pretty!! Love the glittery SNOW and the big snow flake!! Love the piercing and colors of the other card as well!

Deb Wood said...

Ooooh I just realized that big cnoflake is a die!! Will it work with a big kick too?

Kim said...

Hi Lynn! What great cards! I wish I lived by you so I could come and play and stamp! :)
Hugs~ Kim

Unknown said...

What great cards for a stamp a stack!!I love both of them!TFS

Dani said...

Oh my, great job! Adorable! I am loving that giant snowflake! :)

Dawn Easton said...

Oh Lynn, these are awesome cards for a SAS!!! The girls will LOVE them! I know I do :) I have a love for snowmen...and that big snowflake is FAB!!!
I agree people should give credit where credit is due. You stand tall on that soap box!! Thanks for speaking for so many :)

Anonymous said...

These are both so great! Clever use of the large snowflake. Your cards are so clean and crisp!

Marilyn Goodrich said...

Ok, I'm LOVIN that big snowflake behind the snowman!! Too too cute! :-)

Diane said...

Love the cards, it was nice to see a way to use that snowflake die. I also went down further on your posts and you have some gorgeous cards!
I agree about linking the place where you cased a card. I am probably guilty as charged though, as I get excited, make my item and then can't remember where I got the idea from. I am trying to do better and write it down though, but when you get older you get forgetful (I can't believe I am admitting to that)...LOL. but most important to me is to at least admit you cased it and not try and pass it off as your own idea, thats what really iritates me!
I live in Mich...wish I could of joined the mingle, your door prize was awesome, too! TFS!!